Monday, May 7, 2012

MMM'12 Week 1 recap & Thrifty Find




Above are my week 1 Me-Made-May 2012 (my pledge) outfit recap. Click each pics for the corresponding blogposts.

 
---

Thrifty Find - Embroidered Clutch Bag

Pinned on one of my bulletin boards is this embroidered clutch bag. I had it for the past 2 years at least and I just love to look at it... It is approx. 4" (H) x 6" (L) x 2" (W), deep orange shades embroidery on what once must have been white satin (now look like tea stained, or merely yellowed a bit).



Purchased at my favorite thrift store for just $2, it has a mirror in it, and space to put lipstick, and some moolah. Can even fit in your mobile phone is so desired, but it has to be one of the smaller ones though.


Both sides of the bag are embroidered with different motifs. The right picture is too yellow than it actually is, no thanks to my tinkering around on Picasa today...


I've never used it as a bag before (i usually carry a huge carryall), and so it's been my constant eye-candy/inspiration :)
So that's it. :) Just thought that the ladies at




Recycled Fashion
would enjoy the pics of my treasured thrifty find...


6 comments:

  1. that top is great! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the vogue pattern dress and the patterned tops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,that bag is gorgeous!! I carry a huge sack like bag around, too. So I know that this little cutie wouldn't get much actual use with me either. But being pretty is enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nettie! Thanks for reading my blog and commenting :) You are so right. SOmetimes just being pretty is enough! :)

      Delete

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by and reading my page. I love hearing from you, so thank you for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it! :)