Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dropped waisted dress refashion - a quickie project




For the first time ever, I was able to complete a project in a day. Mind you, it still took me many hours since I don't work straight and got distracted by Hulu, FB, site hoppings and so on, but yet it's done.

Before: A dropped waist long denim dress by Alexander Campbell, thrifted from my favorite local thrift store (can't remember for how much, but most probably on sale for $.25).



I first chopped off the top part from the skirt part, and for this project just used the pleated bottom half.

Took the seam ripper to the sides a bit (about 10 or 11 inches) to make room for the arm. Folded the ripped sides in by 1 inch and basted, and then just like those pillow case type tops, fold what is the top part now about 1.5 inches to make a casing for where I then insert a tie into (the tie is from one of my old maternity dress)



After: A pillow case type dress but for adult :)


This is how I wear everything when I do go out, with my down jacket, all year round, in winter and summer. Yeap. Me-Made-May '12 is gonna be "fun"! Haha :)






4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely transformation! The belt is a great match with the top too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Agy, thanks :) Finally buckled down and bought a new belt that doesn't cut my circulation post baby. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is cute, what a terrific idea. Thanks for the inspiration! And also thank you for your gorgeous comment, made my day! I am looking forward to seeing your creations during me-made May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Carolyn! Your comment made MY day :) MMM12 is gonna be such a challenge for me, but I will try and do my best...

      Delete

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by and reading my page. I love hearing from you, so thank you for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it! :)