I guess that was mainly because I didn't sit in front of computer trying to string words together when posting on this blog (amid chaotic ruckus made by the Bean, which usually grow tenfold if he catches me on the computer and we get into a fight ;) no... it's mommy's turn, no, it's MY turn, no, it's mine, NOOOOO!!! ho-yeah! Fun times)
Another reason could be because I've moved my sewing space from the hallway closet to literally in the hallway/by the entrance. Good lighting there truly helps! Plus wooden floor means I can see dropped pins and clean up threads after a project rather easily. Since I "liberated" the only other closet from my sewing table and machines and books, there are finally a place to put things that usually clutters the eyes, like the vacuum! :)
So far in July here's what I've been working on:
1) Patchwork quilt top for 2013 nephew #2
|Exploring the blocks placement: 6 x 4 blocks of wonky stars|
|All done! Front view|
|All done: Closeup front view|
2) Bean's cotton pillow case #2 (1/2 yard main fabric, 1/4 yard of orange fabric for inside = 3/4 yards)
3) Ironing board cover
|Ironing board: After|
|Ironing board: Before|
The bright green fabric used to cover the ironing board was from a thrifted (brand new though) curtain (that comes in a pair). I had a total of 1.4 yards leftover from previous projects. From this 1.4 yards I used some for the ironing board, and the rest for oven mittens (that's not done yet coz apparently I need insulated batting also, so that will have to wait) with little scraps left.
I'm torn between wanting to proceed with the quilt, or starting with garment sewing... :) Hmmm.... I'll mull things over for a while. Watch this space to see what I end up doing this weekend ;)
Happy weekend, and happy sewing!