Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The making of my first skirt from scratch

in pictures...

Chosen pattern: Simplicity 2766, View D (the only skirt) size AA 10-18

Fabric: Gifted by parents, upon further inspection it's a light denim type fabric black with gold, and machine embroidered/stitched with green, red and goldy-yellow threads

There's only 2 main pattern pieces. Cut 4 pieces for the side panels front and back, and 2 on fold for the front and back middle panels. I cut size 18 straight, and added 3 inches on the fold for the middle panels. I know i'd have to adjust later, and will have to figure this out, but my sizing is weird post-Bean so that's where i'm starting...

New shears: Gingher! I love em!

Cutting all done. Sewing starts tomorrow!

 Hey Faye, I'm crashing your party! Wait for me!!! :)



6 comments:

  1. I'll wait with pleasure. I love the pattern and fabric you picked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Skirt's too big... Gonna be late to da party... ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I'm questioning my decision to use this fabric for this project... Somehow the heft/weigh of the fabric makes me wonder... It's not heavy as denim but yet it's not light to have a swishy effect, which I know in the first place. To line or not line. I will note all this in my next post i suppose than rant here.

      Delete
  3. How's the skirt coming along now??? Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by and reading my page. I love hearing from you, so thank you for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it! :)