Sunday, March 25, 2012

Resuscitated...

Early this morning I was up sewing when the machine suddenly went berserk. Usually when such thing happens I will clean the bobbin case and so on, but somehow after doing so and switching it on and off, walking away and trying again a few times it still refused to cooperate.

I was feeling slightly depressed (errmm whiny) by the situation and woke the hubby up to tell him what happened. After a few attempts to get him to be more sympathetic (hehe) he finally came over and checked the machine out. He shooed us out of the room (so that the baby will not be in the way) and took the machine apart. Showed me that there was dust in there but even cleaning the gunk out it was still problematic. I was thinking that we should oil the machine, (because I read Male Pattern Boldness blog quite a bit) although I have no idea where to start After consulting the internet and so on, hubby said okay on trying to oil the machine or else if that doesn't work we'll have to replace the belt. ... Horror. After a day out with a stop at the local Joann's (where I also stock up on some threads and fine fabric pins) I got the sewing machine oil, and hubby works on it when we got home...

The machine now works wonderfully (I supposed I've been ignoring some tell-tale signs of wear before) and I am sooo relieved. I can't imagine me not sewing for a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by and reading my page. I love hearing from you, so thank you for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it! :)